The problem with most websites is that many customers cannot find the information and answers they are looking for in a timely manner so they leave and go to a competitors website. Instead of letting hard earned website visitors just click away, many businesses have been adding live chat support which acts as a form of online customer service. It is a tactic that many larger companies have been using for years, now SME’s throughout the UK are seeing the benefits, both to their customers and to their bottom line.
Here are the 9 amazing reasons businesses are turning to live chat:
- 42% of customers selected live chat as their preferred method of receiving customer support.
- 62% of customers surveyed reported being more likely to purchase from the business again.
- While making an online purchase, 83% of customers needed support from live chat for assistance.
- 62% of customers were more inclined to purchase products online if live customer support is available.
- 38% of customers have said that they have made a purchase due to a good live chat session itself.
- Live chat has been found to decrease cart abandonment by up to 30%, resulting in an increase in sales.
- 63% of customers reported that they are more likely to return to a site that offers live chat.
- 62% reported being more likely to purchase from the business again.
- 38% of respondents said they had made their purchase due to the chat session itself.
Manning live chat when visitors are online can be difficult and expensive! That’s why many businesses are now choosing to use specialist companies that provide manned live chat 12 hours a day, 7 days a week.
With offices here in the North East we specialise in proactively chatting with your visitors, providing customer service and generating warm leads that are sent instantly to their clients. We’ve recently been able to announce that an astonishing 40% of our chats generate leads for our clients. We are currently offering a 30 day free trial. Click the banner below to see how we can help you!